HOW TO COMPLETE THE SCORECARD AND ENSURE BEST POSSIBLE SCORE
Participating in the program is simple. Just follow the following steps:
- Review the GreenScore assessment worksheet and the available resource documents.
- Implement the recommended strategies, or verify that they have already been implemented.
- During the pilot testing process of this program, we realized that many organizations had not sufficiently implemented the management strategies outlined in the program. These management strategies are critical to ensuring a well-supported and sustainable program within the organization. Before completing the scorecard, remember to take the time to implement these strategies. Your score will be much higher and your program will be stronger!
- Identify additional strategies that your organization has implemented in order to reduce pollution or energy consumption and document these programs/projects.
- When your organization is confident in your performance, complete the GreenScore worksheet and submit it online.
- A representative from Ozarks GreenScore will contact you to schedule an onsite assessment. The purpose of the assessment is to review the completed worksheet and provide recommendations for any additional opportunities for your organization to reduce waste and save money. There will be a $75 fee for each certification. This is not an annual fee. It is a one-time fee whenever an organization reaches a level of certification. Ozarks GreenScore guarantees that your organization will save more than the $75 fee in the first year through the implementation of the GreenScore strategies. The $75 fee will be returned if this cost savings is not realized. See our GreenScore Cost Savings page for actual results by participants.
- If your organization does not meet the minimal criteria, or scores below the lowest recognition level, the Ozarks GreenScore team will provide information and resources to help improve your performance for future applications.
- If your organization qualifies for recognition, you will be sent an information packet along with the report that will include an approved logo for use on letterhead or other printed materials, a window decal and resource information. Your organization will also be added to the list of recognized Ozarks GreenScore organizations and publicized on the website and other publications.